- 2016 – PhD in psychology, developmental psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden
- 2011 – Dipl-Psych (≈ MSc psychology), clinical psychologist, University of Potsdam, Germany
- 01/2019 – present – Senior Researcher and Project Leader in developmental psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden. Swedish Research Council-funded project “An Embodied Account of Early Executive Functioning” (VR-PG 2017-01504). Webpage @ Uppsala Child & Baby Lab, Webpage @ Uppsala University
- 01/2018 – 12/2018 – Postdoctoral Research Associate in developmental psychology, Durham University, UK. ESRC-funded project “The development of own-body representation in childhood” (ES/P008798/1, PI Dr Dorothy Cowie).
- 10/2016 – 12/2017 – Postdoctoral Researcher in personality and clinical psychology, International Psychoanalytic University Berlin (IPU), Germany. Project on action-oriented interventions, social participation and well-being. Webpage @ IPU
- 08/2012 – 09/2016 – Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher in developmental psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden. Doctoral thesis: “Infants in Control: Prospective Motor Control and Executive Functions in Action Development.” (Supervision: Gustaf Gredebäck, Claes von Hofsten)
- 01-03/2013 – Visiting Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher in developmental psychology, Radboud University, Donders Institute for Brain, Cognition, and Behaviour, Baby BRAIN Group, Nijmegen, The Netherlands.
- 09/2011 – 07/2012 – Research Associate in emotion and developmental psychology, University of Potsdam, Germany. Project: “Embodiment of Good is Up: Spatial Metaphors in Action Observation” (with Olga Pollatos, Birgit Elsner) Webpage @ University of Potsdam
- 08/2010 – 08/2011 – Psychology Diplom Candidate in developmental psychology, University of Potsdam, Germany. Diplom (≈ M.Sc.) Thesis: “Infants’ attention related to goal detection during observation of complete and incomplete actions: An ERP-study.” (Supervision: Birgit Elsner).
I teach the following subjects in English, Swedish, and German: developmental psychology, cognitive psychology, biological psychology, clinical psychology, research methods, and academic writing. So far, I have taught courses and gave regular lectures for Bachelor and Master students at Uppsala University (Sweden) and International Psychoanalytical University Berlin (Germany). I have been a guest lecturer at Inland Norway University of Applied Sciences (Lillehammer, Norway) and Private University of Applied Sciences Göttingen (Germany).
- 2018 – 2020 – An Embodied Account of Early Executive Functioning, Research Project Grant (no 2017-01504), Swedish Research Council, PI (3.3 M SEK)
- 2017 – Action-oriented interventions, social participation and well-being, IPU Foundation, PI (19,549 EUR)
- 2017 – Evaluation LEUTUM (no 151706), Karl-Schlecht Foundation, PI (9,982 EUR)
- 2012 – 2015 – Marie Curie Early Stage Researcher (ACT project, ITN-FP7 289404).
- 2018 – Benzelius Prize (Benzeliusbelöning) from the Royal Society of Sciences at Uppsala (Kungl. Vetenskaps-Societeten)
- Developmental Science (impact factor: 4.604)
- Child Development (impact factor: 4.195)
- Scientific Reports (impact factor: 4.122)
- Developmental Psychology (impact factor: 2.934)
- PLOS ONE (impact factor: 2.766)
- Frontiers in Psychology (impact factor: 2.323)
- Complexity (Impact factor: 1.829)
- European Journal of Developmental Psychology (impact factor: 1.302)
- Journal of Motor Learning and Development
- 2020 ICIS: International Congress for Infant Studies
- 2019 SRCD: Society for Research in Child Development
- 2018 – 2019 BRNet: Body Representation Network
- 2018 Flux: The Society for Developmental Cognitive Neuroscience
Science Communication and Outreach
- 01/2019 – present – Social Media Strategy Coordinator at Uppsala Child & Baby Lab, Department of Psychology, Uppsala University, Sweden. (Twitter, Facebook)
- 12/2019 – Popular science presentation to high school students at Celsiusskolan, Uppsala, Sweden.
- 10/2019 – En bättre morgondag: Science communication at the 38th Uppsala International Short Film Festival: Part of a researchers panel to discuss short films from different scientific perspectives with highschool students. Organised by Sveriges Unga Akademien and LadyBug Festival.
- 10/2018 – 1-week science communication and museum testing (4- to 12-y’olds) as part of the “Robots – then and now” exhibition at the Life Science Centre, Newcastle UK.
- 10/2018 – Volunteering for Durham University’s annual three-day science festival Celebrate Science targeting children and their families; workshops “science and your senses”, Durham, UK.
- 06/2018 – Co-organisation and co-realisation of a science workshop for 12-year-olds on multisensory perception, Staindrop Academy (secondary school), Darlington, UK.
- 04/2018 – Curator for Real Scientists DE (@realsci_DE) , the German version of @RealScientists – a science communication project on Twitter (read blog post “Kinder, Kinder – Janna Gottwald ist jetzt bei Real Scientists DE!” here).
- 03/2018 – Organisation and co-realisation of a science workshop for 5- to 8-year-olds on multisensory perception and own body representation, Hunwick Primary School, Durham, UK.
- 03/2018 – Co-organisation and co-realisation of a workshop on non-verbal communication, Parkside Academy (secondary school), Durham, UK.
- 10/2015 – Participation in Swedish TV-documentary about the Uppsala Child & Baby Lab (Vetenskapens Värld on SVT).